- Information that we collect from you and your use of this website
- How we use your information
- How we handle the data submitted by you
- Links to external web sites
- How to contact us
1. Information that we collect from you and your use of this website
1.1 Information you give us
When you visit this website you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself, including your name and contact details.
1.2 Automatic Information
We automatically receive and save certain types of information whenever you interact with this website. We use the information to monitor website traffic and to assist with the navigation and user experience of the website.
Information that we will automatically receive includes:
- Requested URL (Uniform Resource Locator)
- IP (Internet Protocol) address (this may or may not identify a specific computer)
- Domain name from which you access the internet
- Referring URL
- Software (browser/operating system) used to access the page
- Date and time pages were visited
Please see our cookie preferences page.
2. How we use your information
We may use and analyse the information we collect so that we can manage and improve the services on the website. Demographic and statistical information about user behaviour may be collected and used to analyse the popularity and effectiveness of the website. Any disclosure of this information will be in aggregate form and will not identify individual users.
We will not (nor will we allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tools to track or to collect personally identifiable information of visitors to this website. We will not associate any data gathered with any personally identifying information from any source as part of our use of the statistical analytics tools.
3. How we handle the data submitted by you
3.1 Data Protection Legislation
Personal information will only be collected and/or processed in accordance with the GDPR.
3.2 Disclosure of your information
- Except as set out in this policy or as required by law, your personal data will not be provided to any third party without your prior written consent
- The information you provide to us will be held on our computers in the UK. It may be accessed by or given to third parties some of whom may be located outside the European Economic Area who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you. Those parties process information and may provide support services to the us or on our behalf.
- Countries outside the European Economic Area do not always have strong data protection laws. However, we will always take steps to ensure that your information is used by third parties in accordance with this policy.
3.3 Monitoring use of our systems
In order to protect the security and working of our network and computer systems, it may be necessary to monitor or log the use of these systems. If there are indications of abuse of systems or that individuals may be using systems in excess of their authority, files, messages and any or all uses of the systems may be intercepted, monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected and disclosed to authorised and law enforcement personnel.
4. Links to external websites
5. How to contact us
Should the information we hold about you be incorrect, you can change and update your personal information and you can have your information corrected by contacting us.
Where requested, we will provide you with a readable copy of the personal data which we keep about you, by contacting us at the address below. We may require proof of your identity before supplying you with this information to ensure confidentiality.
Information Rights Officer
National Composites Centre
Feynman Way Central
Bristol & Bath Science Park
Bristol Composites Institute (ACCIS)
Advanced Composites Collaboration for Innovation and Science
University of Bristol